Things have been really exciting around the bug.gd offices as we absorb all the great feedback and usage we’re seeing from our bug.gd Firefox extension we announced recently. We feel this is one of the best ways to use the site, so give it a whirl.
We just rolled out a handful of new features and tweaks, and thought we’d share those:
- Improved Search Engine. We’ve switched to a new backend search engine that is faster and a good bit more accurate. Expect additional tweaks in this area, but hopefully you’ll find it easier to find results.
- Search Other Sites.
- Now we offer the ability to search on other sites and knowledge bases when you submit an error. For Google in particular, it can get a little picky about multi-line and long errors, so bug.gd will help you trim it down (if needed) before passing it over to a custom Google engine. This custom Google engine allows you to filter your error down into specific genres if needed, too.
- We expect we may get a little flak about this feature, but remember our number #1 goal is to help you find your error solution so you can record it for future searchers and save them the hassle.
- Look and feel.
- Reduced some of the overall wasted space on bug.gd. Hopefully you’ll find things fit better in your browser now.
- Changed positioning for the “I made a mistake” links when submitting a solution, as many users were overlooking these.
- Miscellaneous tweaks.
- Improved general external search engine friendliness for solved errors.
- Preparing the site for new features coming up soon.
We hope you like the changes. If you notice any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.